Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Chapter Five

Jigsaw’s head was placed upon a coaster on a big glass table. His face was covered in white make up, he had bright red lipstick on and his eyelashes were thicker then he had ever known. “I feel so degraded,”
“But why?” asked Percy who was sitting himself down in an office chair in front of him, “It was your idea after all.”
“No, it was your idea, you just convinced me it was my idea.”
“No, really, it was your idea.”
“That’s right it was my idea, and I’d kindly ask that you refrain from saying anything opposite that ever again.”
“My mistake.”
Percy turned Jigsaw’s head around so he could see the rest of the room. There were a total of six office chairs around this glass table, on the wall was a projector screen and across from that was a projector. Percy had sat next to Hover Girl, who was writing some notes on a sketchpad.
Across from Percy sat The Unlatcher, he looked very tired and his mind seemed to be in his own little world, every so often he would pick his nose, then wipe his finger on the arm of his chair. Vicki was on Percy’s right, at the head of the table; she had a large portfolio out and was studying it intently. Jigsaw looked up at the clock on the wall and found it was still five minutes until 5, he looked and Hover Girl and inquired as to what she was writing.
“I’m writing a novel,” she replied.
“What about?”
Hover Girl seemed delighted that someone was interested in her book, she started to talk about it but was quickly interrupted by Percy, “So how ‘bout them pants, I hear they’ve been riding low this year.”
“You always do this to me!” Yelled Hover Girl, she stood up pointing her finger at Percy.
You know perfectly well,”
“NO! I’m not going to let you finish your sentence so you can be all high and mighty and convince me I’m wrong, if someone wants to hear about my Fantasy novel written in Poetry then I think I should be able to tell them about it.” She sat back down and looked at Jigsaw, “So as I was about to say,” she was cut off by Jigsaw.
“Uh, never mind, I don’t think I want to hear about it after all.”
Hover Girl’s face started turning red as both Jigsaw and Percy laughed when someone interrupted them all, that Jigsaw didn’t recognize walking in the door.
“Hyper Active Man,” said Vicki looking up from her papers, “How did it go?”
“Fine, Porcugirl is coming, she’ll be a moment. We had another altercation with Railroad and Psycho.” He sat down at the other head of the table, his head kept going back and forth, and Jigsaw thought he had some sort of inner song going through his head.
Sarah walked in, she looked a little shaken up, and she sat down in her chair next to the Unlatcher. She looked up at the clock noticing she was right on time, she looked to the table, let out a scream and fell out of her chair onto the floor behind her. “Why is there a severed head on the table?”
“Oh,” said Percy, “You don’t like my gift? I was going to give it to you and ask you to Homecoming. I guess I’ll just get a different one.”
The Unlatcher turned towards Sarah and helped her up, “We appre-Headed, him, Ha Ha Ha, from a crime scene. He can have his body come apart.”
“Oh, thank you Bobby,” said Sarah ignoring his awful pun, she dusted her self off and sat back down.
“Alright,” said Vicki, “This meeting will now come to order, first issue, what to do with the head.”
“What to do indeed,” said Jigsaw from the middle of the table, he had a broad smile on his painted face, “For just now, you will, ahem,” He cleared his throat, “Bow down to the kings!”
Nothing happened. Jigsaw wasn’t the only one in the room that looked confused. Jigsaw cleared his throat again and this time louder bellowed, “You shall bow down to the Kings!”
Again nothing happened, Jigsaw was frustrated, “What gives?”
“What are you trying to do?” asked Percy.
“My friends came to save me but they’re not going to come in until I surprise you with that line, it’s Iconic!”
“Uh, sorry to disappoint little head dude, but this room is sound proof.”
“Why on earth would you sound proof your own room inside your own base?”
“Cause it was on sale,” chimed in The Unlatcher.
“So you’re team is here to save you?” asked Hyper Active Man. He got out of his seat with a smile on his face; he raised his fists in front of him and jumped back and forth from foot to foot.
“Could someone please open the door?” asked Jigsaw.
Everyone got up ready to fight, Percy opened the door slightly. Jigsaw then said with a lot less exuberance “You shall bow down to the Kings.”
In came the three Kings, all with their fists up, Jigsaw’s hand was on Leo’s shoulder. “Ha Ha!” said Leo, it is time you gave back our man.
Hyper Active Man stood shocked; he looked at Leo and said, “Leo Richmond?”
Leo looked back in shock and said, “Harold Manchester?”

No comments: