Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Chapter One

Chapter One



“One man robbing a convenience store seems like an impossible feat, but here I am, doing a pretty good job of it, don’t you think?”
“Um, well, why are you asking me?”
“Because I’m robbing you, and do a pretty good job of it.”
“I suppose. Except, well, shouldn’t you have a gun?”
“Now look here Mister Store Clerk, I’m a mutant, why would I need a gun? I have special powers that could blow you to smithereens with a blink of my eye.”
“Well okay, but everyone has super powers now a days, and besides, you haven’t even shown me what you can do? How am I supposed to be scared if you haven’t done anything?”
“Fine then. I didn’t want to have to use my powers on you, but you leave me with no choice. I tried to be nice, I tried to be cordial, and I even tried to be magnificent. But you had to go and belittle me in front of my adoring fans that want me to rob this store. So now, I Jigsaw will show you what it feels like to have true…” The Store Clerk suddenly cut him off.
“Wait, your name is Jigsaw?”
“Well, yeah, but you may address me as King Jigsaw.”
“King Jigsaw… Right. And what are you able to do, put things together?”
“No,” replied Jigsaw a little shaken, “I can actually take things apart, like this,” Jigsaw looks down at his hand and then looks more confidently at the store clerk, “Like… I mean, as I was saying, you have talked down to me for the last time, now you will have to feel the wrath of King Jigsaw!” At that moment Jigsaw threw his arm forward, a ripping sound came from his elbow and his forearm ripped off and flew just inches past the store clerk’s face, which was stricken with disbelief and quite disgusted as well.
“Um, your arm came off,” said the store clerk.
“Uh, yeah, about that, I was trying to hit you with it, and I missed, so, do you think you could give it back?”
“Give it back? Are you crazy? And what about the rest of your arm? Why aren’t you bleeding?”
“Well it’s as I said my name is Jigsaw and you see,” For the second time Jigsaw was cut off, but this time because the store front windows imploded into the store, a woman wearing a dark purple costume and a red hand band around her head which had two holes positioned in front of her eyes flew into the store followed by a man wearing a high school wrestling outfit that jumped over the wall and onto the glass breaking it beneath his feet.
“Stop Criminal!” shouted the man from behind the woman, “We will not let you hold this man hostage!”
The store clerk who had been handling himself just fine up until the moment that his store was covered in shards of glass came from behind the counter with a look of anger across his face. “Do you know how much property damage you’ve done here?” he said looking furiously at the woman who was floating a foot off the ground. With this extra foot the girl was just below eye level of the store clerk.
“Well, I’m a,” she tried to babble out an apology but could not hear her own words over the raving lunacy of the store clerk. The man in wrestling garb behind her stepped around the store clerk to face Jigsaw who had by this time gone behind the register and had picked his arm back up and had stuck it back onto his elbow. He turned and introduced himself, “Evildoer, you have done your dirty deed in front of this world’s savior to mankind,” This time it was Jigsaw that interrupted.
“Jesus?” He asked snickering to himself.
“No,” replied the man, who seemed quite offended by the comment, he lowered his voice because he no longer had the energy to pronounce himself any longer, “I’m the Unlatcher, I’ve come to stop you,” he said very weakly.
“And I’m Hover Girl,” said the woman who flew past the store clerk to face Jigsaw as well.
“Wait, hold on all of you,” yelled the store clerk, he walked around all of them as he continued, “Jigsaw? Hover Girl? And what was it? The Unlatcher? That’s it everyone, fun time is over and I don’t want to repeat myself but could you all please leave me store?”
Jigsaw looked to him and laughed, “But I’m robbing you?”
Hover girl looked at him too and said, “And we’re here to save you.”
The store clerk looked at all of them, took a deep breath and then yelled louder then he had up to this point, “GET OUT OF MY STORE!” The vibrations from his voice created enough of a shockwave to throw all three of them out of the store and into the street behind them. Hover girl kept herself above the ground as was able to stop, before she hit the building across the street. The Unlatcher wasn’t as lucky, his body smacked into the hard brick and he slid to the ground in a very comic like manner. Jigsaw however took it the worst, he was flung out into the street and was hit by an on coming car, the force of the car shattered Jigsaw into about ten different pieces of body which spread all over the street.
The store clerk stopped his yelling once all three were outside of the building; he regained his composure and started to clean up the store. Hover Girl who seemed very shocked by the explosion that Jigsaw went through and flew around until she found his head rolling in the gutter, Jigsaw saw her and commented on his situation, “Uh, well this is awkward, but could you uh, find the pieces of me and put me back together?”
“Not until we take you to jail,” she said confidently.
“Oh bollocks,” he replied. Hover Girl grabbed Jigsaw’s head and flew over to The Unlatcher’s body, which was slumped upside down against the wall; he was as peaceful as any man could be after flying into a brick wall.
He looked up at her upside down body and commented, “Is that his head?”
Jigsaw replied sarcastically, “Yes, it’s his head.”
“Um,” said the Unlatcher, “Mission Accomplished?”
“It looks like so,” replied Hover Girl.
As Hover Girl picked up all the parts of Jigsaw, Unlatcher got up and remarked, “Everyone seems to have powers now a days.”

No comments: